A natural immune booster, Propolis extract contains a variety of minerals that are needed by the body including potassium, magnesium, bioflavonoids, and many others. A quality Propolis extract can help improve your immune system, maintain healthy blood sugar, and even help treat some oral issues.
What is Propolis Extract?
Propolis is a resin-like material which is made by bees. They make this substance to build their hives and to protect them from infection. Bees use buds of cone-bearing trees to make propolis. It is very difficult to find it in its pure form. It’s commonly mixed with beeswax and extracted from beehives.
Benefits of Propolis Extract
- Its Anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties help in reducing inflammation and treating many ailments
- Boosts immune system.
- Controls blood sugar levels.
- Helps heal cold sores and decrease pain.
- Helps with symptoms of dengue fever.
- Can improve foot sores and even genital herpes
These are a handful of the common benefits that propolis has to offer. In this review, we have narrowed down the top 5 best propolis extracts available now on Amazon.
Top 5 Best Propolis Extracts
5. Nature’s Answer Propolis Resin Extract | Herbal Supplement | All-Natural Immune Support | Vegan, Alcohol-Free & Gluten-Free 1oz
First up, we have Nature’s Answer Propolis Resin Extract. It is a well-known immunity booster. This is an alcohol-free extract with no glycerites added. The most amazing thing about this brand is that it has been family-owned, producing some of the the highest-quality propolis extract since the early 1970’s.
- Extremely Concentrated: This propolis extract has about 2000 mg of propolis, per serving.
- Alcohol-free: The process of extracting propolis requires alcohol. However, it is later removed through a Bio-Chelated extraction process.
- Gluten-free: This product is gluten free, so those with an intolerance or allergy can still use it.
We love the fact that this brand has put in the time and effort to develop an incredible product. They pride themselves on customer satisfaction, and it’s an easy propolis extract to recommend overall.
How to use?
The use of this propolis extract is pretty simple. Add 1-2 ml of the product into half a cup of water and drink.
- Absorbed faster in the body
- High-quality and nutritional
- Made with vegetable derivatives
- Some propolis extracts can cause allergic reactions, in case of a rash or allergy, discontinue using.
4. Pon Lee Brazil Green Bee Propolis Liquid Extract No Alcohol 30ML
In the world of Green Bee Propolis, the Pon Lee Brazil Green Bee Propolis is known to be one of the best. This product has always been produced while keeping high-standards. The Pon Lee Brazil propolis extract contains many compounds that contribute to good health.
- Rich in essential minerals and compounds: This product contains flavonoids, phenolic substances, and a number of ingredients that can only be found in Green, Brazilian Propolis.
- Natural and organic: Produced in the Brazilian Rainforest and Packaged in a glass bottle
The Pon Lee propolis extract is also ethyl alcohol-free. The brand is very careful about the processing and packaging of the product which definitely deserves appreciation.
How to use?
The use of this propolis extract is same. Add 1-2 ml of the product which makes about 28-56 drops into half a cup of water and then drink it. This can be done every day.
Some people may take it directly and it may cause slight burning in the mouth or throat. So, it’s better to take it with water.
- Rich in flavonoids
- Export quality
- No toxic chemicals or ethyl alcohol
- Slightly expensive when compared with other propolis extracts
3. Herb Pharm Propolis Liquid Extract for Immune System Support
Herb Pharm Propolis has been specifically created for boosting immunity. It is the extract of honeybee-harvested propolis. The collection of the processed propolis from the beehives is done carefully to get the purest form of propolis possible. We highly recommend it because it is unique and rapidly absorbed.
- Non-GMO and Gluten Free: Herb Pharm propolis liquid extract is Non-GMO and Gluten-free, so even the people who are allergic to gluten can use it.
- High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography (HPTLC) analysis: This brand uses advanced technology such as the (HPTLC) analysis to check herb potency.
Herb Pharm is ambitious about producing highest quality products hence they use modern methods for processing. They also focus on the convenience of the user. So, they created a formula which can be easily dispensed without any hassle.
How to use?
First, you need to shake the bottle well. Take around half a cup of water or a little less and add a dropper full of the product, then drink. If you like, you can add it to your favorite juice as well. It is best taken between meals.
- Rich aroma
- Highly absorbent
- Carefully extracted to get highest quality
- No harmful compounds
- Some people will not like its taste
2. Sunyata Brazilian Green Propolis Glycolic Extract Gold
The Sunyata Brazilian Green Propolis extract is FDA approved with FDA number number included on each box. This is a premium extract with additional anti-fungal, anti-septic and anti-bacterial properties.
- (Good Manufacturing Practices) Standards and Guidelines: The extraction, processing and packaging of this product follows the GMP standards and guidelines.
- Premium Quality Propolis: The extraction is done carefully to achieve premium quality propolis.
The product is rich in as amino acids, bioflavonoids, minerals and vitamins. Hence, taking it every day helps your body fight against bacteria, fungi, viruses and even inflammation.
How to use?
Shake the bottle before and use, then add a dropper full of the extract to a small quantity of water. For best results, take it at least twice a day.
- No alcohol
- Contains phenolic substances
- Antiseptic and antibacterial
- Reduces inflammation
- It may burn if taken if taken without first diluting in water
Lastly, we have the Skatich Bee Propolis. This propolis extract has been carefully extracted in order to get the most of the propolis. This dietary supplement contains various essential mineral compounds.
- Concentrated extract with a variety of minerals: This extract contains magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, bioflavonoids, Vitamin B1 and Vitamin B2.
- 75% concentration: The product has 75% concentration of propolis and is high-potency.
Skatich started producing propolis in 1925. They are a family-owned business and hence, the end product is consistent, natural, and pure.
How to use?
Shake the bottle and add around 10-40 drops of the extract to a small glass of water. Then, you can simply just drink the water. For best results, take it at three times a day.
- Large 4 Oz. bottle
- Highly potent
- Organically produced
- Convenient for daily use
- It might be expensive for some people
Buying Considerations when choosing a propolis extract:
- All-Natural Ingredients
The first thing that you need to make sure that the ingredients used in the making of this extract should be all natural. Only consider a propolis product if the ingredients are natural and safe.
- Dietary Restrictions and purity
Some people are gluten free, some avoid GMO, so make sure that whatever the product contains is not against your diet or routine. You don’t want to end up with allergic reactions. Also, try to stick to the purest extracts from reputable companies to make sure you get the most effective, best propolis extract possible.
Some propolis extracts do not sustain their potency when kept in direct sunlight. The packaging must be good enough to prevent the product from this. It’s best for you to keep the bottle away from heat and light as well. Additionally, the consistency of the product itself should not be very thick otherwise you won’t be able to easily use it easily.
- Price and potency
Lastly, consider the price and potency.Make sure that you get an extract that meets your needs and suits your budget. Consider the potency of the product. 1 Oz. of a product with 50% potency is far more effective than 2 Oz. bottle with 10% potency.
Note: In your research you might see some people who are directly dropping the product into their mouth and swallowing it. The problem with that is, it can cause a burning sensation in your mouth and throat. Propolis extract is not something sweet or tasteless that you can easily swallow. Instead of taking it directly, the better option is to use water. Some people even opt for their favorite juice.
Another important thing to note is that products that come from beehives can end up causing allergies. So, after your first or second use, if you see any rash or any unusual breakout, stop the product and be sure to consult your physician.
A high-quality propolis extract can help with many issues regarding health and nutrition. It is rich in various essential minerals and compounds that can provide immune boosting, anti-fungal, anti-septic, anti-bacterial, and many more benefits. In this review he have picked out five of the best to choose from so you can find out how propolis works for you.